For the community. By the community.
¡Sí se puede, sí lo haremos!
Idaho Hispanic Youth Symposium
A Mentor will work with a "familia" of 8-10 high school juniors at the symposium. Mentors play an important role, therefore, a mentor must be committed and dedicated to each student. Mentors must be a minimum of 24 years old.
Mentor expectations are listed as follows:
- Encourage, engage, and inspire students throughout the symposium.
- Hold students accountable for timeliness.
- Perform post-curfew rounds to ensure student safety.
- Prepare for and respond to student emergencies (training will be provided).
- Attend a mandatory in-person training.
- Participate in potential follow-up post symposium with assigned "familia".
- Stay through the entirety of the program July 28-29th with a required overnight stay on July 28th.